WhatsApp Cloud APIs are paid APIs and they charge a small per-conversation fee for the messages you send and receive using the APIs.
To pay for the API usage, you need to add your payment method on Meta Business portal. Follow the instructions below to add you payment method.
- Open Meta Business Settings page.
- If it asks you to select your Business account, select the one that you setup earlier for WhatsApp Cloud APIs.
- Now from the left sidebar go to Accounts > WhatsApp Accounts page, select your WhatsApp account from the list.
- Then click on the Settings tab and then click on the Payment Settings button.
- On the Payment Settings page, click on Add payment method button.
- Select your Country, Currency and Payment Method and click Next.
- Enter your payment details and hit Save. You’ll see a screen like the following after your payment method is added successfully: